Saturday, May 7, 2022

All The Light We Cannot See

All The Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr, 2014.

Just finished reading this wonderful novel in about five days. I really couldn't put it down and would have finished it sooner if I wasn't also trying to finish up a nonfiction book at the same time. 

This is an amazing novel about two young people experiencing World War II from different perspectives whose lives collide during the war. A young blind French teenager who is part of the Resistance and a teenage German boy in the occupying army tracking down the French partisans. The book is very well written and the story is gripping as the author explores the lives of these two young people.

I decided to read this novel when I saw that there was a new Netflix television series coming next year based on this book. I saw that the library had the e-book but there was a long waiting list. I put a hold on it several months ago and then suddenly last week there it was available to me. I grabbed it and started reading. I knew I had to finish it right away as I was notified there were a lot of people waiting for it after me. Otherwise it would have been a long time before I got it again. As it turned out I didn't need that waiting list for prodding. I needed to keep reading and finishing this book as soon as I could because it was that goo. Highly recommended.

No comments: