Thursday, July 15, 2021

Long Lake Conservative TV

I should first say that we really have been enjoying staying at Sunset Point Cottages on Long Lake the past several years, we are fond of our hosts Michelle and Tom, and we have booked several cottages for the family for next year.

That being said... many of the local permanent residents of the Adirondacks are very conservative and trumpian. I've walked by the owner's house and have seen fox on the tv.

We do not watch very much television while on vacation but occasionally we will turn on the news at night to catch up with the world. I turned on our tv and it seemed to default to fox news or at least that was the last station viewed on this dish satellite network setup. I then spent several frustrating minutes trying to find another news station and after awhile I realized that the other news stations such as CNN and MSNBC were actually programmed out of the system by the user which was the message I was getting after repeated searches for other channels. Someone had actually made fox the only news station available to the cottages on their property and there was no access to anything else. For a while there I was really pissed off.

There is also very little internet access on the property. All they trying to keep information they don't agree with off their property?

No comments: