Thursday, September 24, 2020

Comments and Racism

 

I've always liked to read what other people thought about issues. I would read letters to the editor in newspapers every day and also read the letters in various magazine.

When the Internet first came along I read what people said in various newsgroups and on the freenet. Now I read the comments following stories posted to Facebook, Twitter and Instagram among others.

This has also coincided with the election of the first black person as president in 2008 that opened the floodgates for every racist in America to spew hate and it has only gotten worse since the election of Trump.

I have found it shocking just how racists people really are on social media. It's like they now have the opportunity and drive to rant about their racism and how much they are not a racist while constantly making racists comments.

No comments: