Saturday, March 4, 2023

Weather Report

Since hearing about the passing of saxophone great Wayne Shorter this week I've been listening to a lot of his music. It's going to take me a few weeks just to get through the albums of his in my collection and I'm looking forward to all the Miles Davis, Art Blakey, Herbie Hancock albums and Joni Mitchell too. I started out with Weather Report and at first I went upstairs and put on the vinyl record of their first album in my collection I Sing The Body Electric which I bought in 1973. By the mid 70's I would have a lot more and had seen them in concert. 

Then I went back to my kitchen listening and played the Essential Weather Report double CD and The Legendary Live Tapes 1978-1981 multidisc set. Then I'm on to playing the seven other of their albums I have in my collection. 

We've been losing a lot of great musicians recently and it's sad that I'm exploring my music collection for that reason. 



No comments: