Monday, March 20, 2023

First Day of Spring

It certainly doesn't feel like the first day of spring today although it does look like it with the beautiful blue sky. But it's very cold and windy. It's been in the low to mid 30's all day and very blustery. It feels a lot colder than it is because of that wind.

I saw a lot of robins today and I sat in the backyard sunroom for about an hour where I could see many plants coming up in the flower beds but it didn't warm up very much in there today. The temperature in the room only got up to about 62 degrees because of the very high wind blowing against the windows and seeping in a little. I did have the sun shining on me and I read for awhile while the stereo played an old CD mix of music from 2007. I needed to play the music loud because the wind was so loud.

Yesterday it was cold, cloudy and snowy for the St. Patrick's Day parade in downtown Buffalo. Not very nice and I saw a lot of comments about the wind and the snow from parade goers. 

I'm really looking forward to some real spring weather after this very strange and severe winter. Now I'm back in the house drinking hot tea and listening to a Sandy Denny album on the stereo.

No comments: