Friday, March 3, 2023

Just Like Heaven - Covers FV

This is the first of my Final Version remake series of cover mixes. 
I made the Just Like Heaven covers mix several times over the past decade or so. I did it again this past week which is why this time I'm posting it with the title Just Like Heaven Again. It's not exactly in the same order as before and the songs are a little different but the feel of the music is the same. It's a somewhat quiet collection of great cover versions of a group of wonderful songs from across several decades. I really did enjoy putting this mix together and working with the collection of songs I had on hand from the series of covers mega mixes. This is also the first time I added the original artists to the mix list. I will do this for all the cover mixes in this series.

Here is a link to the Spotify playlist for a listen. Also a link to a YouTube playlist below. These new FV mixes run about an hour and a half. I explained my love of cover version mixes here.

Just Like Heaven  - Covers FV

  • Just Like Heaven – The Watson Twins (The Cure)
  • Let’s Dance – M. Ward (David Bowie)
  • Blue Monday – Flunk (New Order)
  • Dancing Queen – Luka Bloom (ABBA)
  • Close To Me – Minnie Driver (The Cure)
  • Johnny & Mary – Bryan Ferry (Robert Palmer)
  • Smells Like Teen Spirit – Patti Smith (Nirvana)
  • When Doves Cry – Damien Rice (Prince)
  • Drive – Britta Phillips (The Cars)
  • I’m On Fire – Low (Bruce Springsteen)
  • Someday – Shawn Colvin (Steve Earle)
  • Every Grain Of Sand – Emmylou Harris (Bob Dylan)
  • Halleujah – Jeff Buckley (Leonard Cohen)
  • America – First Aid Kit (Simon & Garfunkel)
  • Don’t Think Twice, It’s All Right – Peter, Paul & Mary (Bob Dylan)
  • You Ain’t Goin’ Nowhere – Joan Baez (Bob Dylan)
  • Alone Again Or – Calexico (Love)
  • Making Plans For Nigel – Nouvelle Vague (XTC)
  • Fall At Your Feet – Boy & Bear (Crowded House)
  • High and Dry – Amanda Palmer (Radiohead)
  • The Ghost In You – Duncan Sheik (The Psychedelic Furs)



No comments: