Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Tribel

I recently downloaded the Tribel app and set myself up with an account. This was supposed to me the alternative to the Elon Musk Twitter.

I can't say I'm very impressed so far during the several weeks I've had the account and I can't say I'm spending very much time on the site. I take a look every few days but it is not something that has engaged me yet. Part of my issue initially was the content of the feed. It seemed to be initially cat infested. Do they think everyone wants to start their day looking at cat photos. Dog pictures too. I had to spend some time purging my feed using the Personalize Your Feed which allows you to eliminate certain categories from your feed such as "pets". 

So now my feed has a red banner that says Everything Except... and this list what I don't want in my feed. Why do I need to be reminded every time I look at the app of the things I don't want to see in my feed. I just want to say no to something and forget about it and never see a reference to it again. But no, apparently that's not how it works. I just switched to the All Categories feed just to see what happened and immediately I saw a dog photo on my screen. Tribel seems to be obsessed with pets.

I'll try it for a little while longer but I'm not hopeful. 

No comments: