Monday, January 24, 2022

The Night Mixes

I have recently completed (I think) what I'm calling a series of Night Mega Mixes. There are six of them and they each have a runtime of about ten and a half hours. Playing them all together would take about 63 hours. That's a lot of music and I could probably add a few more hours.

I started out combining a group of hour long CD mixes that contained night chill music along with another group of hour and a half mixes. The first group was from 2012 and the second reformation of those late night chill mixes was from 2018. Now they are part of my Mega Mix collection.

These latest versions of the night chill mixes also came about because I wanted something with a little more mindless beat, a long groove, that I would have on my headphones as I rode the stationary bike every evening. It would be something that I would not need to think about. Just play and ride.

I started the mixes first with using the songs on the previous versions of the mixes. Then I looked in my iTunes for remix versions of songs, also extended mixes. I also looked through everything in the electronic genre. I came up with over 500 songs that could have worked. Then I saw down and made the mixes.

They all went into a new directory on my drive titled Night. First was Night Chill which was basically a redo of the original group of chill mixes. Next came Night Groove which was a little more dance oriented with a stronger beat. Then came Night Sound which was more laid back but still with that beat. I stopped for a week or so and listened to what I had. It was good. I wanted more and I had a lot more songs. So then I basically did three more all together and they were more like a mixture of the first three mixes. Night Jams, Night Mood and Might Moves.

I edited all the mixes and got rid of abrupt stops, long fade outs, etc. They sound good together now.

No comments: