Friday, January 14, 2022

Love City Variety Pack

Today I walked over to the Brewers Outlet on Gowen and Germantown Avenues to buy some beer. First I checked out the non-alcoholic brews and they had plenty to choose from. I got a 6 pack of the Brooklyn Brewing Special Effects Hoppy Lager which Becky and Kate have had before and liked. Then I spent some time looking for something special. This beer store has always had an amazing selection. I couldn't choose a six pack or four pack and eventually ended up getting a variety 12 pack from Love Brewing of Philadelphia. I looked at many many different beers and then focused on the many local Philly area beers.

I had never heard of Love Brewing but there was a nice display and the price was OK. I also liked the collection which included a lager, an IPA, a hazy IPA and a stout. After I got it home I looked up the brewery and saw that it is a relatively new women owned brewpub located just north of downtown located in an old industrial building between Spring Garden Street and the Vine Street. The pictures of the brewpub looked great and I would certainly like to get down there someday and check it out. 

There were also several other brewpubs and breweries in the neighborhood including Triple Bottom Brewery, Yards Brewery, and the Roy Pitz Barrel House. In the meantime I'm looking forward to trying the beers in this variety pack.

No comments: