Friday, January 28, 2022

Termination Shock Pt. 2

Termination Shock by Neal Stephenson, 2021

I finally finished reading this outstanding near future novel today. I've loved every novel of Neal Stephenson that I've read and this was no different. It was another brilliant work of speculative fiction. I thought this book was engaging at every level: culturally, scientifically, historically, emotionally, socio-politically, geopolitically, economically and personally. It was scary too. There were several plots that converged at the end for a satisfying finish to the novel.

It took me a little longer to read it because I was so busy doing my writing and reading multiple books at one time. It is also a very long 700 page book. I had this e-book checked out of the public library it had to go back when due. There were a lot of people waiting to read it and it took a seven weeks for me to get it again. I was able to finish it when we were back home.

It certainly was worth the wait and I finished it fairly quickly once I had it again. There were also more people waiting for it so I made sure to finish it on time. During the time I was waiting to finish reading this novel and read another techno-thriller climate change novel... Appleseed.

I wrote more about this book in Pt.1 of the post. 

No comments: