Thursday, January 27, 2022

Random Album Effect - LIve (1)

I could spend a lot of time playing the Random Album Effect with the word Live but I randomly started with some R.E.M. because I always enjoy a live album from them for which I have a few.

Actually I just counted six live albums from this band in my collection and love them all. The first time I saw them live they opened up for the English Beat at Buffalo State College in 1982. They were touring on their Chronic Town EP.

The Greensboro Coliseum album is a double CD set when they were touring the Green album. A very entertaining set.

Next up was a live album from Black Rebel Motorcycle Club. It was wild with lots of great songs. I hadn't listened to any of their albums in awhile and not this live one in quite some time. I saw them once at the Tralf which has always been one of my favorite clubs to see music. I just looked up their tour history in the Tour Archive and saw that they played The Tralf in Buffalo on November 8, 2001. It was a great show too.

Following BRMC next up was a very entertaining double CD live set from Lucinda Williams recorded at the Fillmore in San Francisco and released in 2005. She does have a voice and singing style that really comes across on this live recording that is really an acquired taste. It's a little rough but I like it.

We saw her perform live at the UB Center for the Arts in 2007. Another wonderful show.

  • R.E.M. - Live - Greensboro Coliseum 1989, 2013 (2 CD set)
  • Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - Live - BRMC, 2009 
  • Lucinda Williams - Live @ The Fillmore, 2005 (2 CD set)


















No comments: