Saturday, September 3, 2022

Lord of the Rings... Again

Recently there was an announcement of a new Amazon Prime series Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power which is set in Middle Earth thousands of years before The Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings books. It is based on J.R.R. Tolkien writings. It looked interesting and I was certainly going to watch it.

It was still a month away so I decided to once again watch all six films in order and also the expanded editions were available on HBO. I watched them over the course of the month of August. Each film was about three hours in this new edition and I usually watched about an hour at a time. I recently finished the series and now I'm ready to start the new series as it is released in September.

I first read the Lord of the Rings books and The Hobbit in the mid 1970's. I read them all again in the early 2000's when the movies first appeared. I saw each of the Peter Jackson films in the trilogy as they were released. Fellowship of the Ring in 2001, The Two Towers in 2002 and The Return of the King in 2003. I saw them all again a number of years later on cable TV.

A few years later I watched The Hobbit trilogy. The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey in 2012, The Desolation of Smaug in 2013 and then The Battle of the Five Armies in 2014. They were all highly entertaining and especially when knowing the story so well. Now I'm ready to turn on Amazon Prime and watch the new series.

No comments: