Wednesday, November 3, 2021

Window Glass for the Man Cave

Today I got the replacement window glass for the storm window that has been missing from the corner window of the backyard sunroom for so many years. Last year when I set up the room for winter use for the first time because of the pandemic I put plastic over the screen in that window. I also had to put plastic over the screen in the door to the sunroom. This year I was able to find the glass window for the door and also the broken glass for that corner window.

Last Thursday I took that broken storm window down to Buffalo Auto Glass on Main and Ferry and dropped it off. They said it would take a couple of days to get the replacement glass installed. They called me yesterday that it was ready and I went down and picked it up today. I was told they had some trouble getting the glass to fit into the frame because there was some damage that they fixed for me.

It took me several tries to get that glass storm window into place on the frame. It still didn't fit completely flush because of the previous damage and the replacement corner of the storm window. I needed to put some duct tape on the window edge to seal it and to get it to fit properly. 

After all of that I spent another hour putting plants and tables into the sunroom and rearranging everything. I was also getting the inside shed ready to get everything ready for storing over the winter including the two garden hose reels and the many lawn chairs.

The only thing left to do for the sunroom man cave is to move the two porch chairs  into the space and take out the two lawn chairs for the shed. I wrote about this winter refuge that I created last year and I'm looking forward to spending time there again this winter. With the new glass installed it should be even more comfy than it was last year and again I will be back there gazing at the snow while reading, writing or listening to the stereo.

No comments: