Friday, November 5, 2021

First Frost

Last night it snowed a little and this morning we got up to the first frost, first freeze and some ice on the cars. Now it's time to put some seeds into the bird feeder. Yesterday the doves were back on the wire next to the feeder as if they knew it was time. The first frost is usually some time in October and it was a little late this year. Now Becky can get out in the garden and cut back her plants.

Yesterday I also moved the comfy chairs from the front porch and into the backyard sunroom, the winter man cave. I put a few more plants in there and moved things around to be more comfortable. I also sat there for about twenty minutes with the stereo playing. I'm looking forward to spending some time there this winter especially on sunny afternoons. The room is a nice place to read, to write, to listen to music and to enjoy the nature in our backyard. I'd also like to spend a little more time listening to podcasts too.

No comments: