Sunday, August 1, 2021

Our Sunday NY Times

I was happy to find the New York Times paper on our porch this morning. I love reading it every Sunday and it usually takes us all week to get through it. Last week the paper was not delivered on Sunday. The previous two Sundays we were out of town and we let our neighbors pick up the paper from our porch and keep it.  After all,  we read it every day online but today is the first time in a month that I am able to sit down with the paper.

We have had the NY Times delivered every Sunday for many years. It's a ritual but it also gets us the online version of the paper every day and I do read it online every day. Sometimes on my laptop, usually on my tablet and especially on my phone. I never thought I would read stuff on my phone but there I am sitting in a doctor's office waiting room reading the NY Times on that tiny little screen.  And I love it.

It's raining this morning otherwise I would be sitting out in the backyard or on the porch reading the Times. I did sit on the porch with it for a bit but the rain started coming down harder, the wind was blowing, I could feel some of the rain and so back inside. There will be plenty of time this week to relax outside with the paper.

When we were on vacation we hardly ever watched any television and of course this year I wrote about the news channels available at our cottage here. Our internet was not very good so I was catching up on the national news reading the NY Times on my phone.

I go through the Book Review religiously every week and usually have my tablet at my side where I add books to the Libby app in my To Read list for downloading e-books from the public library.

Just as I posted this the sun came out so I am going to grab the Book Review section and go sit on the porch again.

No comments: