Monday, August 23, 2021

Joan Armatrading - New Album

This morning I was listening to the new Joan Armatrading album titled Consequences on Spotify and like all of her records over the years I enjoyed it very much. She is still at her peak and played every instrument on every song which of course she wrote. This album was released earlier this summer and I'm surprised at myself for just getting around to listening to it now. It is another wonderful album.

She is 70 years old and was born almost a year to the day before me. I never saw Joan Armatrading perform live. If there was an opportunity I would certainly go and see her.

I enjoyed it so much I followed it up with her 2018 release Not To Far Away. When I first played this album I thought it might be the best thing she ever recorded. Now that is saying a lot but every song on this album was wonderful. The first time I heard it I immediately played it again.

I've always loved all of her songs.

Coincidently I wrote about first hearing Joan Armatrading a year ago almost to the day.

Joan Armatrading albums in my collection:

  • Back to the Night, 1975
  • Joan Armtrading, 1976
  • Show Some Emotion, 1977
  • To The Limit, 1978
  • How Cruel, 1979
  • Steppin' Out Live, 1979
  • Me Myself and I, 1980
  • Walk Under Ladders, 1981
  • The Key, 1983
  • The Shouting Stage, 1988
  • The Very Best of Joan Armatrading, 1991
  • Greatest Hits, 1996
  • Love and Affection: Classics 1975-1983, 2003
  • Live All the Way from America, 2004
  • Into The Blues, 2007
  • Live at Royal Albert Hall, 2011

No comments: