Monday, May 3, 2021

An AotMers Mix

This is a mix I made in March 2005 using songs that I got from other mixer's CD mixes I received through trading on the Art of the Mix site. All of the songs used here were picked because they made an impression on me at the time. I don't remember if any of the people here had any input into which songs I used on this mix. There were a lot of members who did collaborative mixes but I did not participate in those projects very much. Maybe a couple of times with a large group but never a one on one with another particular mixer.

I listened to this mix today. It was probably the first time in at least ten years. Maybe more. I really did sound good. There was not a single song here that I ever used on one of my own regular mixes. Nothing was familiar but it all sounded great.

It was also interesting looking at the names I put down that were associated with the songs. Many of these people I've stayed in contact with on Facebook after the mixing groups stop functioning.

I will also post this on the Side A Side B Facebook group where many of these mixers will see this photo. I'm sure it will bring back some memories as the other mixes I got from trades did when I posted them recently.

No comments: