Saturday, August 29, 2020

Editing the Blog

One of the ways I've been keeping busy is writing and editing the blog. I write every day. I also edit. The blog is a work in progress and by that I mean it is setup to be constantly edited and updated. The entire blog is really a rough draft of things that interest me.

I set it up in categories with an index that makes it easy to move about and make edits, updates, additions and just change things, Categories have their pages and some entries may have multiple categories. Items can also be found by date published. Over the past several months I've published many articles spread out over many different months and sometimes even going back a few years. So it really isn't a chronology of anything and the published dates are arbitrary. It is a writing tool for me and has been keeping me very busy.

I have a notebook which I take with me everywhere and I'm constantly writing down ideas and potential topics. Sometimes I write long essays in the notebook and then transfer them to the blog as part of the editing process. I even keep the notebook beside my bed when I sleep and have on occasion written things down in the middle of the night.

Someone asked me if this was a memoir. No, not really. It is a writing exercise that focus on things that capture my attention both now and in the past. There are a lot of memories and I use books, music and other things to trigger stories that often have a lot to do with things that happened in my life. However, everything is scattered.

The category section is very important for me to find articles and to make sense of my writings. Each category has a page and is indexed.

No comments: