Friday, September 15, 2023

The Shattering

The Shattering: America in the 1960's by Kevin Boyle, 2021

I read this fascinating history of that decade from late September into mid October when I finished it on the 15th. 

The book actually covers the late 1950's to the early 1970's which is basically my childhood into young adulthood and focused on the conflicts concerning race, sex and war. It definitely stirred some memories for me. It also illustrates the issues that are running through the current politics and social unrest of our time today and tearing our nation apart. 

I liked how the author personalized the issues of the time with stories of real people and how the events impacted their lives or how everyday people made decisions that had impacts on the social events of that time. He covers all the major events of that era.

No comments: