Tuesday, September 12, 2023

Limping Along

Am I really coming to that... am I gonna have a waddle in my walk? Over the past few months I've had some problems with my hip which we think is arthritis flaring up. It seemed like it was becoming a problem back in July and I went to see my doctor. I wanted to do something about it early on before it got to be a problem. The PA gave me a prescription for steroids to hold me over while we were on vacation in Long Lake. When we came home I had X-rays of my hip taken and I started physical therapy which I wrote about in a post in August.

So it didn't go so well and the hip pain has increased dramatically. I started having trouble walking which Becky and I have been doing regularly for years. Walking around the neighborhood for about two miles to keep moving. I also try to ride my stationary bike in the basement regularly especially if the weather keeps us from going on our walk.

It's getting harder to sleep at night. I need to keep stretching my leg and moving around in the bed. It bothers Becky when I do that especially in the middle of the night. I have been going into the other bedroom a lot so that I can do my moving and stretching and letting Becky get a good night sleep without me waking her up with my leg activities. I wake up in pain a lot.

Something has to happen. We are going to Philly next week and I know my leg is going to give me trouble on the road. Fortunately we will be breaking up the trip halfway by stopping for the night in Binghamton. 

Right now I am trying to get better enough to get back to physical therapy but at a different center. 

No comments: