Sunday, September 17, 2023

Nobody in the Backyard

The other day I was sitting in the backyard under the trees enjoying the warm sun and cool breeze. I had a speaker nearby playing some nice music and I had a good book in my hands. I then realized that we had no visitors, no guests, no family, no friends, nobody in the backyard at all this summer. We didn't host a Parkside Wine on Wednesday like in previous years when we had some 30 to 60 people in our backyard.

Katie, Todd and the kids didn't come this summer because they all got Covid in August when they were planning to be in town and staying with us. They would have spent a lot of time in the backyard and we would have had folks over to hang out with them. Ashley, Sean and Andrew didn't make it to our house this summer either although we did get to spend time with them at their home and also in Long Lake.

We didn't have any neighbors over this summer either. Nobody. Just Beck and me hanging out together and enjoying our backyard. Now it's Fall.

No comments: