Friday, January 27, 2023

You Make My Heart Sing - Songs 1966

You make my heart sing, you make everything groovy. This is a set of Songs 1966 from the Songs by Year group in my Final Mix Series. Sounds complicated but it just means that after over fifty years of collecting music and making mixes I'm winding it down although it's going to take awhile. I was seriously collecting albums between 1966 and 2016 although I initially started out with a lot of 45 singles. I stopped when I retired. I grew up in Philadelphia which was a great place for rock 'n' roll and soul music. 1966 was the year I first started going out to see live music on my own although that would significantly increase in 1968. 

The Songs by Year mixes are all very personal and not a best of the year or even my favorites of any given year. It is all music that is in my collection and most of which were acquired during or near the year posted but of course I was always getting new music or old music too. There are hits, lots of them, but there are also deep cuts and obscure tracks unless maybe you were hanging out with us back in the day. This would then be a soundtrack.

The first dozen songs here I had on 45 singles and most of the others on vinyl LP back in the 60's. 1965-66 was my first year in high school. There is a link to this mix on Spotify here.

You Make My Heart Sing - Songs 1966

  1. Wild Thing – The Troggs
  2. Mother’s Little Helper – The Rolling Stones
  3. Good Lovin’ – The Young Rascals
  4. Devil With The Blue Dress On / Good Golly Miss Molly – Mitch Ryder & The Detroit Wheels
  5. Gimme Some Lovin’ – Spencer Davis Group
  6. Gloria – Shadows of Knight
  7. Hungry – Paul Revere & The Raiders
  8. Friday On My Mind – The Easybeats
  9. I Had Too Much To Dream Last Night – The Electric Prunes
  10. Psychotic Reaction – Count Five
  11. Over Under Sideways Down – The Yardbirds
  12. Pushin’ Too Hard – The Seeds
  13. You Better Run – The Young Rascals
  14. Stop Stop Stop – The Hollies
  15. Diddy Wah Diddy – Captain Beefheart & His Magic Band
  16. Hungry Freaks, Daddy – The Mothers of Invention
  17. Rainy Day Women #12 & 35 – Bob Dylan
  18. She Said She Said – The Beatles
  19. Wouldn’t It Be Nice – The Beach Boys
  20. Time Won’t Let Me – The Outsiders
  21. Along Comes Mary – The Association
  22. Opus 17 (Don’t You Worry ‘Bout Me) – The Four Seasons
  23. Dandy – The Kinks
  24. Take A Giant Step – The Monkees
  25. I’ll Prove I’m Right – Amboy Dukes
  26. (We Ain’t Got) Nothin’ Yet – Blues Magoos
  27. But It’s Alright – JJ Jackson
  28. Hold On I’m Comin’ – Sam & Dave
  29. River Deep Mountain High – Ike & Tina Turner
  30. Sweet Talkin’ Guy – The Chiffons
  31. Secret Agent Man – Johnny Rivers
  32. Bang Bang (My Baby Shot Me Down) – Cher
  33. Got A Feelin’ – The Mamas & The Papas
  34. Daydream – The Lovin’ Spoonful
  35. I’m Not Sayin’ – Gordon Lightfoot

No comments: