Sunday, January 29, 2023

When I Was Young - Songs 1967

When I was young in 1967 I wanted to let it all hang out and talk about girls because I was a man and there was nobody but me that was all strung out over you, etc. 

In 1967 I was in my second year of high school at North Catholic, a boys only school of 4,000 kids that took about forty five minute ride on two trolleys. There were 4,000 girls at the Little Flower Catholic High School along the way and we rode the first trolley along with them. Then it was just all guys for the second part of the daily trip. Very loud too. Lots of transistors blaring despite the signs banning the playing of radios. This was some of that music.

Another set of selected songs from my collection that runs a little over an hour and a half.  Here is a link to this mix on Spotify.

When I Was Young - Songs 1967

  1. When I Was Young – Eric Burdon & The Animals
  2. Let It Out (Let It All Hang Out) – The Hombres
  3. Let’s Talk About Girls – The Chocolate Watch Band
  4. I’m A Man – Spencer Davis Group
  5. Nobody But Me – The Human Beinz
  6. All Strung Out Over You – The Chambers Brothers
  7. Expressway To Your Heart – The Soul Survivors
  8. Funky Broadway Part 1 – Dyke & The Blazers
  9. Get On Up – The Esquires
  10. Hip Hug-Her – Booker T. & The MG’s
  11. Come On Up – The Young Rascals
  12. (Loneliness Made Me Realize) It’s You That I Need – The Temptations
  13. The Tears Of A Clown – Smokey Robinson & The Miracles
  14. Higher and Higher – Jackie Wilson
  15. Gimme Little Sign – Brenton Wood
  16. Boogaloo Down Broadway – The Fantastic Johnny C
  17. Little Bit O’Soul – The Music Explosion
  18. David Watts – The Kinks
  19. Romeo & Juliet – Michael & The Messengers
  20. You Got To Me – Neil Diamond
  21. I Can Only Give You Everything – The Troggs
  22. Swlabr – Cream
  23. Mr. Soul – Buffalo Springfield
  24. Heroes and Villains – The Beach Boys
  25. With A Little Help From My Friends – The Beatles
  26. I’m Waiting For The Man – The Velvet Underground
  27. Charlie – The Deviants
  28. Mindrocker – Fenwyck
  29. Baby Please Don’t Go – Amboy Dukes
  30. Feel It For Me – Ten Years After
  31. Sock It To Me Baby – Mitch Ryder & The Detroit Wheels
  32. Hey Baby (They’re Playing Our Song) – The Buckinghams
  33. A Man With Money – The Who
  34. Lucifer Sam – Pink Floyd
  35. Pulsating Dream – Kaleidoscope

No comments: