Sunday, May 12, 2024

Bugs

Becky and I were sitting on the porch enjoying a nice sunny afternoon when suddenly this white cocoon like bug dropped from above and landed next to Becky. It really almost landed in her lap. The bug landed on it's back and it took awhile for it to roll over onto it's legs. Then it just stood there for a bit before starting to climb up the leg of Becky's chair. I knocked it back to the floor where it stayed there.

After awhile I noticed more ants on the porch floor than usual. I came back later and the white bug was gone but there were still more ants... lots more and they were swarming along one side of the door and up along toward the top. Then I saw there were flying ants swarming around a crevice along the top of the door and a line of ants climbing up the side of the door. There were also ants going into a crevice at the bottom of the door too. I put an ant trap on the floor next to the door.

I went down to the basement and got out an old can of Raid. I put on a different shirt, a hat, my big sunglasses, gloves and a mask. Then I sprayed some Raid into both of the crevices and along the path of the ants and along the bottom of the door.

In a little while there was a pile of dead ants at the bottom of the doorway. This all happened a few days ago and I've been checking for any ant or bug activity around the door. There has been nothing but I have that can of Raid ready just in case.

No comments: