Saturday, September 9, 2023

20th Century Time Travel Stories

The Best Time Travel Stories of the 20th Century. Edited by Harry Turtledove and Martin H. Greenberg, 2004

This was an interesting anthology of science fiction time travel stories. There were eighteen stories written by a group of sf authors including some of my favorites... Arthur C. Clarke, Ray Bradbury, Joe Haldeman, Ursula Le Guinn, Robert Silverberg, Poul Anderson, Theodore Sturgeon, Larry Niven, Connie Willis and many more.

As with many anthologies the stories went from amazing to so-so. There was a very wide variety of time travel situations in these stories. Most of them I liked very much but there were a couple that were not as well done as the collection as a whole. I did read them all and I did enjoy the book. Overall it was a fine collection.

I got interested in reading this anthology after reading another book on time travel titled Time Travel: A History by James Gleick. 

9/7

No comments: