Wednesday, April 19, 2023

Friday I'm In Love - Covers FV

Another is my cover mixes recently redone for my Final Version series as I continue to explore my album collection and put together interesting cover versions of good songs.

I've added the original artists to the list which is something new and I'll probably go back and add them to the previous covers posts. Here is a link to the Spotify playlist and it runs for an hour and a half. The photo is from the Yo La Tengo video of their cover of that Cure song.

Friday I'm In Love - Covers FV

  1. Friday I’m In Love – Yo La Tengo (The Cure)
  2. Handle With Care – Jenny Lewis & The Watson Twins (Traveling Wilburys)
  3. (The Angels Wanna Wear My) Red Shoes – Hem (Elvis Costello)
  4. Black Coffee In Bed – Marti Jones (Squeeze)
  5. You Showed Me – The Lightning Seeds (The Turtles)
  6. You’re So Good To Me – M. Ward (The Beach Boys)
  7. Fall On Me – Cry Cry Cry (R.E.M.)
  8. Before They Make Me Run – Great Lakes Swimmers (The Rolling Stones)
  9. Little Black Egg – Tarnation (The Nightcrawlers)
  10. Crazy – Shawn Colvin  (CeeLo Green)
  11. No One’s Gonna Love You – CeeLo Green (Band of Horses)
  12. I’ll Be Around – Joan Osborne (The Spinners)
  13. My World Is Empty Without You – Lee Fields & The Expressions (The Supremes)
  14. You’re All I Need To Get By – Michael McDonald (Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell)
  15. I Put A Spell On You – Annie Lennox (Screamin’ Jay Hawkins)
  16. Take Me To Church – Sarah Potenza (Hozier)
  17. Up From The Skies – Rickie Lee Jones (Jimi Hendrix)
  18. More Than This – 10,000 Maniacs (Roxy Music)
  19. Wild is the Wind – David Bowie (Johnny Mathis)
  20. Thirteen – Wilco (Big Star)
  21. You and Your Sister – This Mortal Coil (Chris Bell)
  22. Boys Don’t Cry – Grant Lee Phillips (The Cure)
  23. Crazy Love – Ben Harper (Van Morrison)
  24. Girl – Rhett Miller (The Beatles)
  25. Femme Fatale – R.E.M. (Velvet Underground)

No comments: