Wednesday, November 9, 2022

Gal Costa RIP

Gal Costa, Brazilian pop star, died today at the age of 77. She was part of the tropicalia music scene in Brazil in the late 1960's. I saw her perform at a festival in San Juan Puerto Rico in 1971 along with Caetano Veloso and Gilberto Gil. She had a beautiful voice and put on a wonderful show. The music could best be described at psychedelic bossa nova. She was fun too although I couldn't understand what she said. 

Over the years I collected a few of her albums.  I also have some of her music on some various artists compilations of Latin and Brazilian music.

I'll be playing her music over the next few days.

  • Gal Costa, 1969
  • Gal Costa Cinema Olympia, 1969
  • India, 1973
  • Meu Nome E Gal, 1990 compilation
  • Recanto, 2012



No comments: