Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Harbor Master Pub & Restaurant

Dublin Day One continued.

From the patio of the craft brewery we could see the Harbor Master Custom House and complex a little ways down the quay on the River Liffey. After finishing our beers we walked around the quay and took in the sights of Dublin a little before we headed over to the Harbor Master Bar & Restaurant that was located in the custom house complex along the canal and near the Famine Memorial along the river.

It was a very old and quaint Irish restaurant with lots of dark wood. We had a great booth with a nice view from a nearby window. It didn't take us long to decide on a meal of fish and chips for the both of us. The meal also included our first taste of mushy peas which didn't impress us. I ordered my first taste of Guinness Stout on tap in Ireland. Becky had a pilsner. The fish and chips were excellent and the beers were very good. 

It was a long day after a long overnight flight and we were extremely tired at this point. We took the train using our Leap Cards back to the hotel at around 7:30 pm and crashed.

I woke up around 11:30 pm although I wasn't sure what time it was and got up. I thought it was morning. Our phones were dying and we didn't have chargers because they were in the baggage that had not arrived in Dublin yet. I went down to the desk and they gave me a charger on loan. Later I would go back down there and buy another one. I went back to bed and slept to about 8 in the morning. The real morning.

No comments: