Sunday, May 3, 2020

Vinyl Spins - Dance Craze

Vinyl Spins: Dance Craze: The Best of British Ska Live, 1981

This collection of live ska from the 2 Tone label in England was released in 1981 and of course I picked this record up at Play It Again Sam's/Home of the Hits on Elmwood Ave. This album had live versions of great songs from many of my favorite British ska bands of the early 80's including The Specials, The Selector and The English Beat. There was also Madness which I always thought was trying to be a little too silly and then a couple of other bands I hadn't heard anything by at the time... The Bodysnatchers and Badmanners. I did play several of these cuts during my barroom DJ gigs.

I also always liked the very distinctive graphic style of the 2 Tone label's artwork. 

And after giving it a spin it still sounds good today.

No comments: