Thursday, May 28, 2020

Vinyl Spins - Bruce & John

Vinyl Spins - Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band – The Wild, The Innocent and The E Street Shuffle, 1973.

I always associate early Springsteen with my friend John who passed away a few years ago. I came home on leave a few times in 1973 and John was always there to go downtown and take me to a small club to see some musician I hadn’t heard of before like Jackson Browne, Tom Waits and Bruce Springsteen. In 1974 John moved in with me in the house I had just bought and I loved exploring his record collection. We saw a lot of music together in those years.

We went to 6 Springsteen shows together in 1973-1975. Twice in a small club, twice in a college gym and twice at the Tower Theater. They were all long fantastic performances. The best. I miss John and haven’t seen Springsteen since then when I stopped going to arena concerts.

I saw Springsteen perform six times in 1973-1975. Twice in a small club, twice in a college gym and twice at the Tower Theater. All six I saw with my special music friend John. I came home on leave a few times in 1973 and John was always there to go downtown and take me to a small club to see some musician I hadn’t heard of before like Jackson Browne, Tom Waits and Bruce Springsteen.

All six I saw with my friend John who took me to a club to see him when I was home on leave back in 1973. John was a special music friend, we shared a house for a while and I loved exploring his album collection. John passed away a few years ago and I have great memories of the music we saw together.

No comments: