Sunday, December 15, 2019

Pastime Lounge

The Pastime Lounge was located on Grant Street at Forest Ave down the street from Buffalo State College. I worked there as a DJ spinning records on Saturday nights from 1981 through 1986. I was also involved in bringing in local bands to play on the stage in the back of the bar.

The poster here is from November 1983. We had 10,000 Maniacs for shows many times.

The only time we had a touring band was The Replacements in 1985.

I enjoyed spinning records at that bar. I had tried a few other places but their was something about this bar. I really could play whatever I wanted. I learned to read the crowd. Sometimes people wanted to dance but most of the time people just wanted to hear some good music. It evolved into a artist hangout dive bar down the street from the state college. It certainly still have the local flavor of Grant Street but Bob the owner didn't tolerate the bullshit that was seen at other bars up and down Grant. There were a lot of locals banned from his place.



Other bands

  • The Stains/Elements
  • 10.000 Maniacs
  • Pauline & The Perils
  • The Jetsons
  • Davy & The Crockets
  • Ani Difranco
  • Splatcats
  • Extra Cheese
  • Electroman
  • The Cobras
  • The Pine Dogs
  • The Fems
  • The Vores
  • Attendance
  • Extra Width

No comments: