Sunday, December 1, 2019

Faded Love

Faded Love Mix - I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry

This is an example of the CD mixes I made and shared with members of the Art of the Mix online group. This was from 2004.

I had made a series of mixes that included songs about love and loss. This was one that exemplified the genre. Later I would rename the series Heartache and would describe it as mostly quiet songs of heartache and loss. Love songs. Break-up songs. Songs from different time periods and genres. There would be about 10 CD mixes in this original format.



After I retired in 2016 I began reworking my mixes and was no longer using CDs. I just stopped burning mixes on CD. I was using my iPod in the car to play new mixes.  I felt liberated to no longer be restricted by the physical time constraints of the CD format and I began making mixes that were an hour and a half which was actually closer to my original mix time of the 90 minute cassettes I used in the early 1980's.

So then I had the revised Love and Heartache series of approximately 90 minute mixes. I had about 20 of those mixes.

Well, that didn't last very long and by 2019 I started making the 8 hour mega mixes and the songs used in the Love and Heartache series were incorporated into those new long mixes. But that is another story.

Here is a slightly expanded version of the original Faded Love mix on Spotify.

 

No comments: