Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Hot Buttered Soul - The Mix

I needed to followup that last post on Isaac Hayes with this mix that opens with that great first song from the Hot Buttered Soul album. This of course is the full lenght jam of the Burt Bacharach song that Dionne Warwick made into a hit. Lots more great songs here including George Benson sounding an awful lot like Stevie Wonder and the Earth, Wind & Fire backed Ramsey Lewis soul jazz jam. The mix ends with a trio of late 60s classic soul. 

1. Walk On By - Isaac Hayes (Hot Buttered Soul, 1969) 
2. This Masquerade - George Benson (Breezin', 1976) 
3. Sun Goddess - Ramsey Lewis (Sun Goddess, 1974) 
4. I Want You - Marvin Gaye (I Want You, 1976) 
5. If I Ever Lose This Heaven - Average White Band (Cut The Cake, 1975) 
6. I Am The Black Gold Of The Sun - Rotary Connection (Hey Love, 1971) 
7. Now That We Found Love - Third World (Journey To Addis, 1978) 
8. Love And Happiness - Al Green (I'm Still In Love With You, 1972) 
9. Baby I Love You - Aretha Franklin (Aretha Arrives, 1967) 
10. All I Need - The Temptations (With A Lot Of Soul, 1967) 
11. I'll Keep Holding On - The Marvelettes (Ultimate Collection, 1998)

No comments: