Thursday, February 16, 2023

Raquel Welch RIP

I was saddened to see yesterday that Raquel Welch passed away at the age of 82. I can't say that she was one of my favorite actors or that I had seen most of her movies but she did make an impression on me back in 1966. I was 14 years old and in that year she was in two films that I saw and loved at the New Lyric Theater three blocks from our house. They were the science fiction movie Fantastic Voyage and the dinosaur flic One Million Years BC. I had that classic poster of her wearing the deerskin bikini hanging on the wall in my bedroom back in the day. 

I saw her in a few more movies in the late 60's such as Bedazzled, Lady in Cement, and 100 Rifles. Then The Three Musketeers and The Four Musketeers in 73 and 74. That was about it. I don't think I saw any of her later movies or television shows but I certainly remember those first two movies when I was a young teenager.

No comments: