Wednesday, February 8, 2023

Backyard Winter Sunroom Sitting

It has been a tough cold winter this year with several serious snowstorms and lots of deep cold cloudy windy weather. I've not been able to spend very much time in our backyard sunroom this winter because there have not been a lot of sunny days and I really need to have some good afternoon sunshine coming into the room to make it comfortable. I could bring a portable heater out there but the joy of that space in the winter is the sunshine on your face in that warm room when it is cold outside. I think the last time I had been sitting out there was just briefly in November. I went through December and January without having a chance to spend any time in the sunroom. 

Until today. Here it is in early February and I finally get some comfortable quality time sitting in our sunroom on a winter afternoon with a good book on my tablet and listening to a CD on the stereo in the room. Watching the birds at the feeder and the squirrels running about. Nice.

I should also mention that despite the long hard winter I did also seem some plant activity in the backyard which was surprisingly early. There were some daffodil shoots coming up and some snowdrops have started blooming. 

No comments: