Thursday, February 16, 2023

I Am The God Of Hell Fire - Songs 1968

And I bring you... another mix of music from my collection released in 1968.

I saw about half of these artists in concert in 68-70 but the one I saw the most... Lothar & The Hand People. How's that? They were a NYC based band an hour and a half away and constantly opened up for bands in the Philly rock clubs.

I also saw that crazy guy Arthur Brown and his group in concert back in the day and it was an incredible show especially with Dr. John The Night Tripper, Captain Beefheart and His Magic Band and Frank Zappa and the Mothers of Invention on the same bill.

This is a very old mix that I recently updated. It was once on a cassette tape and then a burned CD. Now I have it on a flash drive. It's also posted here on Spotify.

I Am The God Of Hell Fire - Songs 1968

  1. Fire – The Crazy World of Arthur Brown
  2. Voodoo Child – The Jimi Hendrix Experience
  3. Helter Skelter – The Beatles
  4. Sympathy For The Devil – The Rolling Stones
  5. Born To Be Wild – Steppenwolf
  6. Magic Bus – The Who
  7. Living In The U.S.A. – Steve Miller Band
  8. Shape Of Things To Come – Max Frost & The Troopers
  9. Oscillations – Silver Apples
  10. White Light / White Heat – The Velvet Underground
  11. I’m Not Like Everybody Else – The Chocolate Watch Band
  12. Flower Punk – The Mothers of Invention
  13. Monterey – Eric Burdon & The Animals
  14. In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida (Single Version) – Iron Butterfly
  15. Hush – Deep Purple
  16. Five To One – The Doors
  17. Ride My See-Saw – The Moody Blues
  18. Rambling On – Procol Harum
  19. A Hazy Shade of Winter – Simon & Garfunkel
  20. Long Walking Down To Misery – The Beau Brummels
  21. This Is It – Lothar & The Hand People
  22. Little Girl – The Troggs
  23. Care of Cell 44 – The Zombies
  24. I Started A Joke – Bee Gees
  25. Safe In My Garden – The Mamas & The Papas
  26. In Your Mind – Pentangle
  27. Early Morning Blues and Greens – Diane Hilderbrand
  28. High Flying Bird – H.P. Lovecraft

No comments: