Sunday, February 5, 2023

Feelin' Groovy - Songs 1966

I can't say I remember anyone around my neighborhood in 1966 saying something like feelin' groovy but of course that would all change a year later with a few head shops in the neighborhood and a pot selling "hippie house" near the corner we hung out. So here is more of that soundtrack to my teenage years and we couldn't get away from those Monkees either. I was obsessed with Motown at that time and had already been to a couple of those Motown Revue shows with one band on the stage with a parade of different vocal groups singing the hits. I also loved everything that Simon & Garfunkel did during those years. I had a lot of these songs on 45 singles too. Spotify link here.

Feelin' Groovy - Songs 1966

  1. The 59th Street Bridge Song (Feelin’ Groovy) – Simon & Garfunkel
  2. California Dreamin’ – The Mamas & The Papas
  3. Last Train To Clarksville – The Monkees
  4. Have You Seen Your Mother, Baby – The Rolling Stones
  5. Sunshine Superman – Donovan
  6. Red Rubber Ball – The Cyrkle
  7. A Groovy Kind Of Love – The Mindbenders
  8. These Boots Are Made For Walkin’ – Nancy Sinatra
  9. Solitary Man – Neil Diamond
  10. My Love – Petula Clark
  11. I Hear A Symphony – The Supremes
  12. I’ve Got You Under My Skin – The Four Seasons
  13. You Didn’t Have To Be So Nice – The Lovin’ Spoonful
  14. No Matter What You Do – Love
  15. Holiday In Waikiki – The Kinks
  16. Mr. Spaceman – The Byrds
  17. Nowadays Clancy Can’t Even Sing – Buffalo Springfield
  18. Happy Jack – The Who
  19. I Want You – The Troggs
  20. Beg, Borrow and Steal – The Rare Breed
  21. See See Rider – The Animals
  22. Hideaway – John Mayall & The Bluesbreakers
  23. Barefootin’ – Robert Parker
  24. Summertime – Billy Stewart
  25. Reach Out I’ll Be There – Jr. Walker & The All Stars
  26. Too Busy Thinking About My Baby – The Temptations
  27. Whispers (Getting Louder) – Jackie Wilson
  28. Love Makes The World Go Round – Deon Jackson
  29. Enter The Young – The Association
  30. And Your Bird Can Sing – The Beatles
  31. One Of Us Must Know (Sooner or Later) – Bob Dylan
  32. Song For Janie – Tim Buckley
  33. Sophisticated Beggar – Roy Harper

No comments: