Thursday, February 25, 2021

Sunny Days

There have been a few sunny days recently which is pretty good for February and I have been enjoying sitting in our backyard cabana sunroom basking in the warm sun while gazing out at the snow with a good book in my hands and a cup of tea by my side. It's amazing how warm it can get in that room when the sun is shining but it also suddenly cools off when the sun goes behind a cloud.

The past few days I've been out there without any music playing on the stereo which is unusual for me but I've been enjoying the quiet that is only interrupted by the sounds of birds.

One of the things I've enjoyed doing during this pandemic year has been reading from collections of short stories or essays and the backyard retreats have been very rewarding for that effort especially since the weather got cold and my forays into the backyard have been briefer than they had been over the summer and fall.

I'm really looking forward to spring and the new growing season. I've seen a few green shoots coming up in the garden where the snow has melted. I can't wait to be a able to sit on the front porch again. Soon. 

No comments: