Monday, August 5, 2024

Float On - Songs 2004 FV

This is the first mix in the Songs 2004 group of mixes in the Final Version series. These are new mixes as I never previously created any mixes for the year 2004 so it was a start from scratch.

As always with these year mixes I start with the list of favorite albums from a give year and in this case the 60 Albums 2004 post. Then I got to Wikipedia to the category 2004 in Music. That gives me a sense of what was released during the year and also helps me find songs that may be part of a compilation album in my collection. Then finally I go through my iTunes sorted by year. When I find songs I haven't used before but in this case with 2004 all the songs that I want to use are put into a playlist to work from. Then I create the mixes. For the FV series I am making them approximately an hour and a half. This one was a lot of fun and the start of a good year of music in my collection. 

Modest Mouse in the photo.

Float On - Songs 2004 FV

  1. Float On - Modest Mouse      
  2. Neighborhood #1 (Tunnels) - Arcade Fire   
  3. Mr. Brightside - The Killers     
  4. Always/Never - Manic Street Preachers      
  5. Can't Stop Now - Keane         
  6. Section 12 (Hold Me Now)      - The Polyphonic Spree    
  7. Pressure Point - The Zutons  
  8. Assessment - The Beta Band 
  9. C'mere - Interpol
  10. Take Me Out      - Franz Ferdinand   
  11. Messenger - Blonde Redhead
  12. Cinnamon Girl - Prince
  13. Dreams - TV On The Radio    
  14. It's You - P.J. Harvey   
  15. My Friends Have - Marianne Faithfull
  16. There Are The Ghosts - A Band Of Bees    
  17. Decent Days And Nights - The Futureheads
  18. First Of The Gang To Die - Morrissey
  19. Asleep For Days - Blitzen Trapper    
  20. Primitive (The Way I Treat You) - Ambulance Ltd  
  21. Closest (Look Out) - Matt Pond PA   
  22. Venom Cable - The Coral      
  23. Happy Ever After - Ian Brown 
  24. Stray Paper - Tift Merritt        
  25. The Battle For Straight Time - A.C. Newman


No comments: