Friday, July 21, 2023

A Week on Steroids

Just before we left on vacation to Long Lake in the Adirondacks I went to the doctor's office concerning my ongoing hip problems. I initially messaged the office to see if I could get a referral for some physical therapy to treat my hip which had been having some flare ups of pain. Dr. Charles got back to me right away but wanted me to come in and get my hip evaluated and also to arrange to have an x-ray. 

So I got a quick appointment with the PA on the Wednesday before we left and was looked at. She gave me a referral for physical therapy and for an x-ray of my hip. I had explained that I was going to be out of town on vacation in the Adirondacks for a week with family and she gave me a 6 day prescription of steroids to help with the pain.

The meds did help with the pain and I didn't feel too bad on vacation but they also gave me quite the buzz. I was probably a lot more talkative that week and I certainly had a lot more energy. Well, it got me through vacation and I'm looking forward to getting some help with physical therapy starting a week or so after my hip scan.

No comments: