Friday, February 21, 2020

Art of the Shuffle

The art of the shuffle. Yes there is also an art to making a mix, especially a long 8 hour mix, that can be seamlessly shuffled where every song will always sound good next to the song before and after it regardless of the totally random sequence of the songs, regardless of how many times you've heard it shuffled.

My mixes have resided on iTunes for many years now. Each CD mix was located in a separate directory on my hard drive and on associated playlists in iTunes. At some point I took related mixes and combined them into large playlists on my iPod and then I played them on shuffle.  I started to look at these larger mega mix files and began editing them and fine tuning them to sound good together both in a structured sequence and also as a shuffled mix.



No comments: