Thursday, March 15, 2018

The Evangelicals

The Evangelicals: The Struggle to Shape America by Frances FitzGerald, 2017

I started reading this book in early March and finished it by the middle of the month. I had read other books by this author and was looking forward to reading this one. I wasn't disappointed at all. She covers the evangelical movement in America from the Puritans up to the 2016 election where they obviously threw away all of their morals by supporting trump and showed that they would do anything and support anyone in their attempt to impose their religious views on mainstream America. 

I've read a couple of other books by Pulitzer Prize winning historian Frances FitzGerald that I enjoyed very much especially her very interesting book about Viet Nam Fire in the Lake she wrote in 1972 and I read in 1990 during by Viet Nam War reading spree. 

No comments: