Friday, February 23, 2024

Snap, Crackle & Pop

That's the sound of my shoulder. It's been nearly two months since my shoulder got separated in a fall while on a walk on Christmas Day. The shoulder seems to be slowly getting better but there are still moments of pain and discomfort. I've been to the orthopedic office twice and have had scans done on my shoulder twice. The most recent one was yesterday when I had a CT contrast scan done at Great Lakes Imaging. The other scan I had done by them back in December was an x-ray. They wanted to do an MRI but that wasn't possible because of my medical history with that aneurysm clip.

I've had so many scans over the last thirty some years but mostly of my brain. This contrast scan of my shoulder was a first and it felt weird to have needles stuck into my shoulder to fill the joint with the scan contrast dye. The prep time took much longer than the actual scan. The whole process at the imaging center took less than an hour and that included the paperwork check-in. I was only waiting for less than ten minutes overall. They are very efficient. 

My shoulder is still making all sorts of clicking sounds and although the sharp intense pain has subsided because of the anti-inflammatory medication there is still a lot of discomfort. In a couple of weeks I'll be at the doctor's office again and they will review the scans to see where I'm at with the healing process.

No comments: