Saturday, February 24, 2024

Dishwasher Rack Wheels

Over the past several months the front wheels on the lower dishwasher rack have been falling off. It was probably happening for a lot longer but I just didn't really notice until both wheels on either side of the rack came off at the same time which then caused a significant problem. When one wheel was coming off the rack still slide out of the dishwasher ok but when both wheels on a side were gone than the tray slide out of position. It was time to get it fixed.

I searched online for KitchenAide dishwasher rack wheels and discovered that it was a very common problem with dishwashers from all the different brands as they all used the same dish rack system. I went on Amazon and found numerous places to purchase the wheel systems. I ordered a set of four and they were delivered the next day. Today I put the two new wheels units on the front of the rack and they were very easy to install but I did first look at a YouTube video of the process. The back two I left as is. I have a couple of replacement units for the back but for now they are down in the basement on a shelf and I have two extra. 

Now the dishwasher rack is working perfectly and there are no more wheels coming off and rolling around on the floor. We've had this dishwasher for a very long time and this is the only time we've had this problem but it was quickly and cheaply solved.

No comments: