Saturday, May 6, 2023

E-book Comments

On Facebook this week there were a series of comments about reading e-books. There was a post from a long time friend that stated "I still haven't read an e-book" and then there were lots of comments. Some were very odd in their distain for e-books. The conversation also touched on audiobooks.

I responded with the following comment:

I am a retired computer technology systems librarian and I was working on online resources including e-books from the very beginning. Making it all happen was my job and I enjoyed every minute of it. These days I still have a stack of books next to my reading chair and my bed but I also always have a couple of e-books on my tablet. Probably half the books I read are e-books and I love the convenience quickly checking out a book from BECPL or NYPL. I was recently watching a political commentator with a new book on TV that I was interested in and before the interview was over I had that book on my tablet.

I certainly love reading books on my tablet and I find it so much easier to get access to current books. I'm currently reading the Daisy Jones and the Six novel which I was interested in after just having read two e-book biographies of Sandy Denny. The novel takes place in the same music time period. 

No comments: