Monday, August 15, 2022

The Love Songs of W.E.B. Du Bois

The Love Songs of W.E.B. Du Bois by Honoree Fanonne Jeffers, 2021. I read this in May through August 2022.

This was a very difficult book to read that packs a very emotional punch and it took me a long time to get through it. I certainly could not read it in the two week e-book loan period and had to borrow it three times. But I did love this book and highly recommend it as this novel was epic and ambitious.  I would also like to read it again sometime because there was so much going on in a very deep philosophical and thought provoking way. It was an amazing journey though a family's past over many generations to the days of slavery. There was stunning cruelty in bondage and intense resistance and resilience to survive and thrive. 

It was a history of America itself and our racists past and ongoing through today. The book is a revelation of the experience of America. I learned a lot from this book.

No comments: