Tuesday, August 30, 2022

A New Drive

My portable drive on my Dell laptop has been acting up recently. It kept dropping out. I kept my music on this drive which was a 2TB My Passport Western Digital drive. I have three My Passport WD drives for my music. One of each of my two laptops and another one that was a backup for all my music.

At first I wasn't sure if it was the drive or my laptop that was the problem. The drive plugged into a USB port and that seemed to be the problem but I tried it with another laptop and still had a problem but not as bad. Eventually I narrowed it down to the drive itself and bought a new one.

This time I bought a Toshiba Canvio 4TB portable external drive with tax cost me $92 and I got it the day after I put in the order. Then I had to copy my files over to the new drive. So far so good but of course it is a good time to reorganize and that could be time consuming.

No comments: