Thursday, October 21, 2021

Spiced Wafers

But I always called them ginger snaps when I was growing up and I still love them. It's a fall season thing and also a Philadelphia thing. Occasionally we get them at a market in Buffalo but not very often. 

I always liked them after school with some apple cider. That orange box of ginger snaps would remind me that Halloween was coming. Over the years I grew to like the other versions of the cookie more commonly known as spiced wafers.

I mentioned to Kate before we traveled down to her house that I was looking forward to having some ginger snaps when I was in Philly. She bought this box of spiced wafers and I happily enjoyed a couple every day. I especially like them with some apple cider. They certainly bring back lots of memories from when I was a kid.

They were almost my favorite cookie because they were only around during a special time of the year and then they were gone until next year.

No comments: