Friday, October 22, 2021

Almonds Every Day

I've been eating a lot of almonds. Every day. We've always occasionally had a pack of almonds in the house but over the past couple of years we've consistently had a jar full handy at all times. It's been a go to snack. Now we always make sure we have some on the kitchen counter. We also started getting jars of almond butter. 

Almonds deliver a massive amount of nutrition and are great for protein and fiber. The almond industry group promotes almonds as "the perfect snack" and their are health recommendations of eating 23 almonds a day. I really like the roasted almonds. We get almonds now from several markets including the Co-Op, Dash's, Trader Joe's, Wegman's and Whole Foods. We like the Trader Joe's almond butter best.

I've always been a big eater of peanut butter. It's been a staple of my diet since I was a little kid. Now I've expanded my palette to include almond butter where I usually used peanut butter. I particularly like to put it on toast in the morning and sometimes on bagels too.

Late last year we were down in Philly visiting with Katie and the kids and I saw that she was putting almond butter into the kid's yogurt. Well, that was a revelation and I immediately tried it myself. Lo and behold, I loved it. Now I always put almond butter into my yogurt along with strawberries, blueberries, and granola. It taste amazing.

No comments: