Friday, January 8, 2021

Davey Crockett

King of the Wild Frontier. One of my earliest TV memories is of the Davy Crockett show on Disney. I remember Fess Parker starring in that role like it was yesterday. The series first aired on the Disney show in the 1954-1955 season which means I was 3 and 4 years old. I'm not sure I saw it that early but I'm sure Disney was on in the house as Betsy would have been around 5 and 6. The series was shown again in the early 60's and I know I watched it at that time too. They also made it into a movie in the 60's and I'm sure I saw it at a Saturday matinee at the New Lyric theater.

I remember a lot about that show but especially the theme song. I can still sing it right now. This came up because some folks in Growing up in Germantown Facebook group were talking about TV theme songs. I contributed the video below to the conversation.



No comments: